Convert Your 401k Into A Secure Self-Directed IRA–Built Around Preservation, Ample Income, And Growth Potential.
- With the help of our advisory team, create a mix of quality assets, matched to your needs, and built around your principles, purpose, and goals in life
- Enjoy better sensitivity to your personal risk tolerance and time horizon
- Take advantage of a wide range of investment options including Fidelity and non-Fidelity funds, IQ Wealth managed stock portfolios (dividends), and advanced annuities.
- An easy-to-follow rollover process, with a skilled experienced adviser
- A coordinated financial plan
Insure your income, insure your outcomes, invest the rest with purpose.
Contributing to a 401(k), 403(b) or 457 plan over a career of work is a proven method of setting aside savings for retirement.
One day, however, a person’s thoughts turn to a rollover of their retirement plan into an IRA.
- Thoughts may also turn to finding a safer haven for retirement savings — one that can also contractually assure a lifetime income.
- While pensions become more rare, the desire for income security and protection from income depletion is alive and well.
Retirees who retired in 1999 — when the market had reached an all-time high — discovered that markets don’t always cooperate with well-laid-out plans for income. If 4 or 5percent withdrawals were started in 2000, a portfolio could have been down 75 percent by 2010.
- For that reason, many people look at today’s markets and wonder where the markets can go from here, after breaking records for the past year or more. In the past, retirees could move to corporate, municipal or government bonds paying 6, 7 or 8 percent (the average rates from the 1980s to today).
- Today, however, government bonds pay less than 2 percent, and globally, some rates have moved to negative coupon rates. Clearly, an income alternative of high quality that can protect against market declines and simultaneously provide better income than bonds and pay for life like a pension, is an idea whose time has come.
- Many people are looking at FIAs — fixed index annuities — for at least a partial solution to the income and withdrawal dilemma.
- An IRA can be funded by an annuity (even multiple annuities in the same IRA). At IQ Wealth, we compare up to 2,700 annuities to help our clients make more precise and appropriate selections based on their specific needs.
- With the stock market at all-time highs and interest rates near all-time lows, many retiring engineers, teachers, health care professionals, managerial personnel, lawyers, dentists, doctors and others are moving to the security and benefits of annuities for their IRA rollovers.
- No one knows when a major market shift will occur, but being prepared for it is smart.
The IQ Wealth Team can help put you in position to:
- Protect what you’ve already accumulated
- Help you choose investments from award-winning nationally recognized resources
- Offer expert guidance on insuring the most important aspects of your financial plan.
Professional Investment Management
Our clients receive professional investment management from experienced investment managers with an excellent track record.
We find that the combination of investments and insurance products create a more secure retirement portfolio.
All investment securities are held in custody for you at Fidelity Institutional. We do not come in contact with your money.
We look forward to meeting with you and working with you.
Videos for your review
In days past, retirement planning was simple. Work for 30 years, accumulate a nest egg, then sit back and collect 6 percent interest. Clearly, we live in a “new normal” with interest rates at unheard of lows, and the stock market volatile. The strategy and the advisor that gets you to retirement may not be the right one to get you through it.
During your working career, you are in the accumulation and contribution phase. Upon retirement, you move into what is known as the “decumulation” and withdrawal phase. Either you will need your IRA money to provide income during your 60s, or you will be forced to start taking required distributions when you reach 70.
For some individuals, cash value life insurance that is “max funded” (also known as “overfunded”) may provide a viable alternative to 401(k)s for after tax money.
Overunded cash value life insurance can also be tool for making better use of RMDs — required minimum distributions.
Steve accepts six to eight new clients per month in order to serve each with optimal personal attention. There are no charges for initial consultations. To schedule your complimentary review, please call us at (480)902-3333. Ask for Barb. On Money Radio, hear Steve Monday through Friday from 8am to 9am, after Business for Breakfast. In the afternoon, listen to Steve with Sinclair Noe, Mondays and Thursdays at 4:35 p.m.
Get access to our helpful retirement kit which includes three guides that address topics you should consider when planning your retirement.
Rolling over from one qualified plan to another qualified plan allows your money to continue growing tax deferred until you receive distributions in retirement. We can help you determine if a rollover is the right move for you, and we can help find the best vehicle to help conserve and grow your rollover assets.
Neither the Company nor its agents or representatives may give tax, legal, or accounting advice. Individuals should consult with a professional specializing in these areas regarding the applicability of this information to his/her situation.
For a review of required minimum distribution rules, click here.