Financial Planning, Investment Management, Tax Planning, Medicare Planning, and Estate Planning in Scottsdale
Retire and STAY Retired. Our team will help you every step of the way.
"Today Not Tomorrow, Together Not Alone"
A Team of Experienced Professionals-Ready, Willing, and Able To Help You
- Steve Jurich, CIS™, CAS®, Founder
- INVESTMENT MANAGEMENT PARTNERS: AE Wealth Management / Sterling Capital Management. Combined assets: $52 billion. Investment custodian:Fidelity Institutional
- Barbara Jurich, B.A. Office Administration
- Nicholas Stefaniak, Independent CPA®, MTAX
- Shelley Grandidge, Independent Medicare and Health Insurance Specialist
- Libby Banks, Independent Attorney at Law
- Richard Dwornik, M.B.A., Independent Attorney at Law
- Todd Simmons, CPA®
- Steven R. Jurich, B.A.
- Katie Jurich, B.A.
Steve Jurich, AIF®, CIS™, CAS®
Retirement Strategist / Wealth Manager
Steve Jurich is an Accredited Investment Fiduciary® who has been helping individuals and families retire and stay retired for more than 22 years. His daily radio broadcasts, financial updates, and steady contact with clients help to separate IQ Wealth Management from the "big box" brokerages. Steve's clients enjoy world class resources (Fidelity and TD Ameritrade) while maintaining a personal touch. His clients include engineers, teachers, medical professionals, business owners, government workers, accountants, attorneys, and business owners.
Experience and Qualifications
- More than twenty one years experience assisting clients with the biggest financial decisions in their lives, from real estate to 401k rollovers
- His comments have been seen on Bloomberg.com, MarketWatch, and TheStreet.com.
- Author of "Smart Is the New Rich," an Amazon best-seller in three categories, outlining a more predictable and stress-free approach to retirement funding and financial independence.
- Host of "Mastering Money" on Money Radio. Steve has made more than 500 radio appearances in his career and never forgets that communication is about the listener, not the speaker.
- "Mastering Money" is a daily, not weekly, radio show. Steve believes his daily focus on financial trends and events helps him stay abreast of key issues when giving guidance to his clients.
- More than 20 years’ experience helping individuals, families and businesses achieve their money goals through the use of investments and insurance.
- Conceived, originated, and developed the IQ WEALTH BLACK DIAMOND DIVIDEND™ Strategy.
- Contributing author to Kiplinger Online
Steve coordinates retirement, financial, and estate plans as the lead advisor--with the support and input of the following professionals:
INVESTMENT MANAGEMENT PARTNERS: SEC Registered Investment Advisory Firms
We are a fee-based investment advisory firm acting in the fiduciary role. We are not subject to the requirements or proprietary investments of any broker dealer. YOU are the most important part of our business.
To better benefit our clients, to achieve the lowest fees possible for our clients, and to provide a solid succession plan, we work in a strategic partnership with large SEC registered RIA firms. They receive part of our fee. We believe the benefit to our clients is comprehensive daily hands-on immediate support from certified professionals who are in front of the markets every hour of every trading day.
Our clients may choose to have their accounts housed at either Fidelity Institutional or TD Ameritrade, both SIPC insured.
Our clients pay NO COMMISSIONS on any investment securities. We use a "wrap fee" structure--what you see is what you get. No additional trading charges or fees.
IQ Wealth Management offers several in-house portfolios and partners with recognized third party investment managers to further the interests of our clients.
Our Integrated Strategic Partner Firms:
AE Wealth Management
With more than $3 billion in assets under management, AE Wealth combines experience and technology to provide investment solutions for it's network of Registered Investment Advisory Firms across the United States. IQ Wealth Management is proud to be a part of that network which includes state-of-the art technology, and full access to the Fidelity Institutional and TD Ameritrade platforms.
Sterling Capital Management
AE Wealth Management is directly involved in supervising all investment accounts for IQ Wealth Management. AE Wealth partners with Sterling Capital Management and offers its wide array of investment portfolios. Founded in 1970, Sterling Capital is a group of 130 seasoned investment and client service professionals (more than 35 CFA's) who manage more than $54 Billion (as of 09/30/2016). Sterling is an independently operated subsidiary of BB&T Corporation—one of the largest and most respected financial services institutions in the country.
IQ WEALTH OPERATIONS TEAM
Co-Founder / Operations Manager / Client Relations
Barbara Jurich is a graduate of Southern Methodist University, where she graduated with a bachelor's degree in physical education.
She attended SMU on a swimming scholarship and had a successful athletic career that began in high school. She is a native of Arizona.
Barbara is known for her exceptional organizational skills and is responsible, along with her staff, for scheduling all appointments and maintaining the paperwork flow for the firm.
She is co-owner and co-founder of IQ Wealth Management -- Insurance Division.
Steven R. Jurich
Director Of Marketing
Steve is a graduate of Cal State Fullerton University, a successful entrepreneur, and a professional film maker with a deep understanding of financial services and communications. He has been involved in all aspects of delivering the IQ Wealth Management message to the public including websites and social media, including MyAnnuityGuy.com which he developed in 2011. Steve has deep experience in helping others succeed as a health professional. After his collegiate basketball career, Steve become an NASM Certified Fitness Instructor.
At age 30, he is deeply committed to family, faith, and his wife Katie. Steve majored in Film at Cal State Fullerton where he attended on a full ride basketball scholarship. He has built a film and sound company and produces all video and internet communications for IQ Wealth Management.
Prior to graduating from Fullerton, Steve led the nation in rebounding at the NAIA level, playing for Hope International University after transferring from Cal State, where he was named to the All-GSAC (Golden State Athletic Conference) team. He was a Junior College all-American and holds the all-time rebounding record for Scottsdale Community College. He, along with his team, led Desert Mountain High School to its first tournament win ever (2007), on the way to winning the Arizona State Championship at the 5A level.*
*The above "basketball bragging" is courtesy of Dad 🙂
Katharine K. Jurich
Event coordinator and client relations
Katie is a graduate of Sacramento State University and numerous summer programs at the Julliard School of Dance in New York. She consults and assists with IQ Wealth client events and social media. Katie met Steve while working for the Disney Corporation in Orange County, California. She is a professionally trained dancer and has appeared in multiple off Broadway style musicals in the Orange County professional circuit, including "42nd Street" and "No, No Nannette." Katie and Steve were married in 2015.
INDEPENDENT TAX & ESTATE PLANNING RESOURCE & REFERRAL TEAM
Nicholas Stefaniak, CPA®
MTAX / FINANCE AND TAXATION PROFESSIONAL
Nicholas Stefaniak holds a master's degree in taxation from Arizona State University, and has over 20 years of tax preparation, tax analysis and financial application of tax strategies. He is skilled and highly proficient in both individual and business returns, including all entity forms: LLC, corporation (S & C corp) and trusts. Nick has been deeply involved in progressive levels of responsibility and judgment in the application of financial and tax knowledge for company growth, expansion, acquisitions and sales of small- to medium-sized companies.
Core professional strengths in coordinating tax strategies relating to the following:
- Financial planning
- Estate planning
- Business accounting and book keeping
- Sale or purchase of new businesses
- Defined benefit plans
- Affordable tax and accounting fees, agreed in advance
- Personal and confidential attention to your account
- Complimentary tax review of previous year returns
Master of Taxation degree, Arizona State University, Tempe, AZ Bachelor of Science in accounting, Arizona State University, Tempe, AZ
Certified Public Accountant (CPA), state of Arizona.
- Arizona Society of Certified Public Accountants, active member of local CPA Chapter Institute of Management Accountants, Montvale, New York
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants, New York
- New York Member of Tax Division
- Past President of Phoenix Local Chapter Director of Education Programs
- Management Accounting, Taxes: “C Corporations and Cash Method” and “ACE In the Hole.”
- Management Accounting, Taxes: “It’s all in the Timing.”
Shelley Grandidge, Health Insurance Professional
Shelley is an experienced independent health insurance professional with 17 years of experience helping Arizonans make better insurance decisions. She has deep knowledge in the area of Medicare, Medicare Supplements, and Medicare Advantage--plus dental insurance and prescription drug benefits. Many clients find themselves needing better health insurance prior to reaching Medicare age. Shelley can assist you with 100% legal alternatives to Obamacare. We work with Shelley because she can help our clients get the most for their money.
Libby Banks, Independent Estate Planning Attorney
Libby began her career as a probate litigator. She was so impacted by the sad stories she encountered that could have been avoided, she made a career shift. Today Libby Banks focuses exclusively on preventing the problems caused by an unplanned, or poorly planned, estate. Libby skillfully represents clients in the areas of Estate Planning, preparing Wills and Trusts, Asset Protection planning, and Probate and Trust Administration.
When you engage The Law Office of Libby Banks, you have the added assurance of knowing that your estate is being handled by a highly experienced, seasoned attorney.
- University of Kansas School of Law, Juris Doctor
- University of Kansas, Bachelor of Arts, Political Science and History
- Emory University, Atlanta, Georgia (Undergraduate studies)
- Libby Banks began her legal career in Oklahoma City with the Law Firm Linn, Helms, Kirk & Burkett
- Libby moved to Phoenix, Arizona in 2000
- Libby is licensed to practice law in Arizona, Oklahoma and Kansas
- State Bar of Arizona
- State Bar of Oklahoma
- State Bar of Kansas
- Supreme Court of the United States
Richard Dwornik, M.B.A.
Attorney at Law
Mr. Dwornik is an experienced estate planning attorney who assists IQ Wealth clients with estate advisory and estate planning services.He offers a free review for all IQ Wealth clients, along with special pricing on services.
- Practicing attorney for 20 years.
- Originally from Lincoln, Nebraska.
- Graduated from the University of Nebraska-Lincoln with a Bachelor of Arts (B.A.) in chemistry in 1986.
- Earned a Master of Business Administration (M.B.A.) from the College of Business Administration at the University of Nebraska-Lincoln in 1989.
- Received a Juris Doctor (law degree) from the University of Nebraska College of Law in 1995.
- Licensed in Federal and State Courts in both Arizona and Nebraska.
- Past member of the Society of Financial Service Professionals, WealthCounsel, WealthCounsel Advisors Forum and the Central Arizona Estate Planning Council
Todd Simmons, CPA®
Independent Taxation Professional
Todd Simmons is an experienced and highly qualified tax professional who can help you sort your individual or business tax challenges. Todd has over 38 years of tax prep experience, and 33 years as a certified public accountant. We can help connect you to Todd (he makes house calls!). We receive no compensation from his activities.
Our Company Is Built Around Our Clients
IQ Wealth Management clients share in the realization that, by coordinating key financial decisions today, they can achieve their most important goals tomorrow.
They are individuals and businesses who expect excellence and have a firm commitment to achieving it themselves. Our clients want to simplify their lives and enjoy the fruits of their labor.
We understand that the best plan for you is one you’re comfortable with, one that feels right to you, and is well positioned to achieve measurable progress. We look forward to serving you.
We maintain two clear and distinct divisions, integrated for our clients' needs.
IQ Wealth Management provides qualified plan rollovers (IRA/401(k)/403(b)/457), cash-flow management, income planning with annuities and strategic use of "overfunded" life insurance. We focus on "big picture" financial planning that begins with the end in mind. Our multiple-discipline approach and networking with top professionals in accounting, law and real estate provides our clients with a clear edge over the typical "pie-chart" planner.
IQ Wealth Advisory, LLC provides securities- and fee-based planning, including equities, bonds, ETFs, mutual funds, variable annuities and energy investments (oil and natural gas programs with potential tax advantages)
Financial and Estate Planning With YOU in Mind:
Through the financial counseling process, we help our clients implement strategies matched to risk tolerance, income needs and family priorities. We help our clients focus on where they are now, where they want to be and what steps need to be taken to get there. We believe that a part of our value as advisors lies in helping our clients prioritize rather than compromise.
Clients may want a comprehensive re-make of their current or may simply want us to engineer certain aspects of their plan. Steve Jurich and his team have experience and practical skill in the following areas:
Personal and individual
- IRA, 401(k), 403(b), 457 plan rollovers, traditional and Roth
- Investment portfolio management
- Retirement income planning
- Annuity comparison and application
- Life insurance
- Real estate acquisition (buyer assistance only)
- REITs and alternatives to REITs
- ETF and dividend stock portfolios
- Low-cost variable annuities, with no surrender charges, professionally managed
- Beneficiary updating on annuities and life insurance
Business and medical practice retirement planning
- Defined benefit plans
- Profit sharing plans
- Tax strategies
- Business exit strategies / buy-sell agreements/Section 162 executive bonus plans
- Tax-efficient estate and asset protection
- A full line of life insurance — term, universal and whole life
Investment securities and annuities are on opposite ends of the financial spectrum. We believe both can contribute to a well-balanced retirement portfolio. Each has its own benefits and limitations. Therefore, we maintain two divisions: securities and insurance. Fee-based investment advisory services are provided by IQ Wealth Advisory, LLC, a Registered Investment Advisor. Insurance and annuities are provided by IQ Wealth Management--Insurance Division. Annuities are insurance-based financial vehicles designed not for growth but for income preservation and sustainability. Annuities are not FDIC insured and may have surrender charges for a period of time. Generally, a partial withdrawal of 5 to 10 percent is allowed annually, penalty free. The annuities we recommend waive all surrender charges upon death. All guarantees rely on the financial strength and claims-paying ability of the issuing insurer. At IQ Wealth, our policy is to require at least 100 years of successful track records and strong ratings for any insurance company we recommend.
Income riders are a means to enhance the income benefits provided by the underlying annuity contract. A discussion regarding whether an annuity would meet your needs and objectives should take place, before deciding if an income rider is appropriate.
All written content on this site is for information purposes only. Opinions expressed herein are solely those of IQ Wealth Management and our editorial staff. Material presented is believed to be from reliable sources; however, we make no representations as to its accuracy or completeness. All information and ideas should be discussed in detail with your individual advisor prior to implementation. Fee-based financial planning and investment advisory services are offered by IQ Wealth Advisory, LLC a Registered Investment Adviser in the state of Arizona. Our firm also utilizes third-party SEC registered investment managers when we believe it will benefit our clients.
Referring professionals (accountants and attorneys) are not employees or direct affiliates of IQ Wealth; however, they typically provide special pricing for our clients and listeners. Murray Titterington is an Investment Adviser Representative of IQ Wealth Advisory, LLC. IQ Wealth employees and principals do not render tax or legal advice. Referrals are provided as a courtesy to help our clients with their due diligence. No investment is required.
Insurance products and services are a separately licensed activity offered through IQ Wealth Management. Steven Jurich is the founding principal and licensee of both companies. IQ Wealth Management is a registered DBA tradename for both licenses with the Department of Insurance and the Securities Division of the Arizona Corporation Commission. The presence of this web site shall in no way be construed or interpreted as a solicitation to sell or offer to sell investment advisory services to any residents of any state other than the state of Arizona or where otherwise legally permitted. All references to locations outside of Arizona and all references to guarantees on income or death benefit relate to insurance services only. Guarantees rely on the claims-paying ability of the insurer. Steve Jurich is a licensed life insurance and annuity agent authorized in multiple states, including Arizona (resident) and California. (License 0b85609). Licensing in itself does not infer a level of skill. Because our portfolios often allocate a combination of securities and insurance based products, understand and inquire about the differences between investment securities and insurance products. Thank you.
Have a no-cost, no obligation conversation with an experienced adviser and fiduciary.
Steve accepts 4 to 8 new clients per month in order to serve each with optimal attention and personal service.
Free Retirement Readiness Review
Learn more about the IQ Wealth proven approach to practical planning. To arrange your free review, please contact Barb at (480)902-3333, or email: Barb@IQWealth.com
Get access to our helpful retirement kit, which includes three guides that address topics you should consider when planning your retirement.